Photo by © Anthony Achkar.
EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
The Global Business Coalition for Education is seeking an experienced and dynamic manager to lead its external communications. The ideal candidate for this role must have strong attention to detail, multitasking, and organization skills. The Coalition consists of a network of more than 100 high profile businesses supporting global education around the world and has a track record in leading innovative and groundbreaking partnerships and initiatives.
The role will suit someone that is well-organized, efficient, and able to lead and deliver highly effective communications that are appropriate for mainstream, education, and business audiences.
- Maintain relationships at the highest level by interacting with private sector communications teams, international agencies, and governments
- Develop and execute communications strategy and provide in-depth analyses of the forces at work in education using web, blog, social, and traditional media
- Develop original content for web stories, blogs, press releases and social media
- Oversee a database of key global public opinion formers and media working on the issue of innovative private sector partnerships and global education in particular
- Translate complex issues, information, and ideas into easy to understand and compelling communications products
- Support internal staff in delivering digital community management, writing blog posts, and posting press releases
- Develop online graphics, invitations, briefings report layouts, etc.
- Develop robust short- and long-term communications strategies around key advocacy moments and events
- Produce comprehensive project plans that anticipate foreseeable changes and can be adapted in the face of unforeseen or disruptive eventsManage external freelancers and agencies where necessary
The External Communications manager must be an analytical, organized, resourceful, and highly responsible individual with a high degree of professionalism, and a flexible and collaborative spirit.
- Experience working with media teams from corporates and international agencies
- 5+ years of communications experience using social media platforms, online content and related analytics tools (e.g., Keyhole, TweetDeck)
- Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively, independently, and virtually with teams across offices
- Experience working on inter-agency communications groups with external partners
- A solid understanding of international development, the global education landscape, international development and the private sector
- Great attention to details and copy editing skills, with high standards of performance
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, personable, proactive and forward thinker open to new challenges in a dynamic working environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
The ideal candidate will have experience in corporate communications or be a journalist looking for a next career step with direct social impact. This position is based in New York and provides an opportunity to gain experience of education projects and campaigns that are active internationally.
The Global Business Coalition for Education (GBC-Education) brings the business community together to accelerate progress in delivering quality education for all of the world’s children and youth. We believe that education is the birthright of every child and the key to expanded opportunity and future employment. For companies, investing in education promotes economic growth, leads to more stable societies, fosters healthy communities and makes it easier to do business. Education spurs innovation and increases the skills of employees, the income potential of consumers and the prosperity of communities where business operates. GBC-Education’s assets include the voice, capabilities, resources, and innovations of our leaders and member companies.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com. State “External Communications Manager” in the subject line of your email.